12-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Federation of DisjunctionDec 1 2006, 12:53 PMUNITED NATIONS RESOLUTION #27
Due Process
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.
Category: The Furtherment of Democracy
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: The global market
Description: No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limbo, nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himsefl, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Votes For: 9,027
Votes Against: 4,677
Implemented: Wed Aug 13 2003
Other than being written at a time when resolutions were a bit more simplistic, I don't see anything wrong with this resolution. If someone wants to gaurantee the right to an appeal, then write that resolution. I was ready to begin to vote no on all repeals and this one makes it easy for me.[/quote]
You do realize this is just the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, with the added bonus of protection from "limbo"? I'm not even Catholic, so I guess it doesn't apply to me. Nor do I fear having to testify against "mysefl."
The United Nations deserves its own Due Process convention, not a copy of the Bill of Rights from someone who can't master the simple task of transcribing 100 words.
FOR the repeal.*
* NOTE: My IDU puppet is not in the UN.
Due Process
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.
Category: The Furtherment of Democracy
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: The global market
Description: No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limbo, nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himsefl, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Votes For: 9,027
Votes Against: 4,677
Implemented: Wed Aug 13 2003
Other than being written at a time when resolutions were a bit more simplistic, I don't see anything wrong with this resolution. If someone wants to gaurantee the right to an appeal, then write that resolution. I was ready to begin to vote no on all repeals and this one makes it easy for me.[/quote]
You do realize this is just the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, with the added bonus of protection from "limbo"? I'm not even Catholic, so I guess it doesn't apply to me. Nor do I fear having to testify against "mysefl."
The United Nations deserves its own Due Process convention, not a copy of the Bill of Rights from someone who can't master the simple task of transcribing 100 words.
FOR the repeal.*
* NOTE: My IDU puppet is not in the UN.

