10-09-2006, 01:12 AM
KlouchOct 8 2006, 12:11 PM CeoranaOct 8 2006, 08:15 AM AGAINST. [/quote]
why? [/quote]
Because it bans repeal/replaces of End Barbaric Punishments and other anti-torture resolutions, and if those were to be repealed, those of us who don't support torture would have to repeal this before it could be replaced.
In other words, this is an issue that I believe is in the UN's purview, so I oppose tying the hands of the UN because further legislation may be needed.
why? [/quote]
Because it bans repeal/replaces of End Barbaric Punishments and other anti-torture resolutions, and if those were to be repealed, those of us who don't support torture would have to repeal this before it could be replaced.
In other words, this is an issue that I believe is in the UN's purview, so I oppose tying the hands of the UN because further legislation may be needed.

