02-03-2020, 04:28 PM
Zamastan post_id=21053 time=1580675438 user_id=500 Wrote:Bears Armed post_id=21051 time=1580656264 user_id=124 Wrote:Can we place a second of my puppets on the map? If so, then I'd like [nation]LionsAndTigersAndBears[/nation], although under the name of 'The Wild Forest' to be on Catica occupying an area from southern end of United New England's lands (right across the base of that peninsula, from sea to sea) eastwards as far as 'Lake Omi', extending a reasonable distance inland from the coast but excluding the smaller peninsula just east of UNE. Its capital, the Emerald city, would be a little way inland, and would be about halfway between that smaller peninsula and the section of coast closest to Rio Palito,
(The presence of this nation across the base of UNE's peninsula would help to explain how that peninsula was still uninhabited by humans when the New Englanders discovered it, and also would provide enough additional range to support viable populations of various species & genera which occur on that peninsula even if no other nations on this continent want those same life-forms...)
I have upgraded the map. Hopefully it looks fine. If not, let me know and I can do my best to accommodate what is reasonable. I left part of the coastline to the east of UNE below that other peninsula open because of a requested spot via telegram that has not been officially submitted onto this thread. If you need more coastline, I might be able to accommodate additional space in that area, otherwise, I can give the Wild Forest more space to the western coast.
I also like the name for the capital. It shares name with a major city in my nation: https://www.theidu.us/wiki/Emerald
Thank you for placing it... and for explaining about the coastal strip. I'd already looked at the map before I came here, and was wondering about that point. I'm basically fine with it like it is, as long as whoever gets that area doesn't try too hard to push inland, but with that territory between Emerald City and the coast please could Emerald City be moved slightly further inland? it should probably be about as far from that border as that border is from the sea.
The city's name is a 'Wizard of Oz' reference. The nation name 'LionsAndTigersAndBears' (although the original source had breaks between those words, which the shorter limit on name length back when I created the nation meant that I had to omit here...) and the motto combine to form a quotation from the 1939 film version, and its national animal, the 'Jitterbug' appeared in a musical scene that was written & filmed for that production but wasn't included in the final 'print' released to cinemas. (I've seen that scene, in a documentary about the film...)
:bear:

