01-24-2020, 06:30 AM
Lacarno Base HQ, Lacarno, Vulkaria
"Welcome, everyone. I am Field Marshall Oliver Mason-Pearce, the commander of the Legionite ground forces in this operation "
Lieutenat General Letālia Nodded at the Legionite Field Marshal. "Thank you. It is an honor to work with both of you, but I wish the circumstances weren't so grim. I am in charge of leading the 18,000 Eirian Troops stationed here".
"Indeed, have a seat".
The Sheullian leader spoke. "The honor's mine. I am Major General Koloman Strassburg, commander of the penal units assigned to Vulkaria."
"Ah, yes. Welcome Mr Strassburg. As Lt. General Letālia has said, it's unfortunate that we find ourselves here. Of course these terrorists must pay and, although lives will be lost, we must exact our revenge. I've had my aides print out detailed maps of the area and I've had a whiteboard brought in incase of anything. Please, have a seat Mr Strassburg. Now who'd like to start?".
The Lt. General Picked up a few of the maps, scanning them, nodding. "There is a lot of detail to these maps, I agree. One of our first concerns should be the Main Roads. They are critical, but they are most likely chalked full of IEDs. Do you gentlemen think we should avoid the main roads on the way to Masenma, or clear them out?".
The older man takes a seat, turning to look at the maps. "If I remember correctly, Zamastanian helicopters would be able to take us closer to Masenma, allowing us to bypass most of them. We have some EOD teams ready, if need be."
"Yes, of course although we may be unable to use our 'heavier machinery' effectively. Is there a possibility of traversing the land beside the roads?" the Field Marshall asked, while adjusting his spectacles
Letālià sat up in her chair. "Well, I agree with Commander Strassburg. Even though we won't have heavy machinery, it would save a lot of troops we can put against Masenma. After all, we need all we can get".
"Speed will also be an asset and the helicopters will be able to move the troops quickly. It's paramount that we don't lose any troops or equipment during the transportation, as the crash of a helicopter could lead to an ambush during the confusion." The Field Marshal added.
"Has intel revealed any anti-aircraft weaponry in the city?". Commander Strassburg inquired.
"If I am not mistaken, Zamastanian Intelligence did not find Anti-Air, although they do have Anti-Tank and mortars". She Glanced at the maps again. "If we can get more recon with Aircraft, that would be excellent. Not sure of bombing, though. It is an urban area with civilians present, after all". Letālia stated.
"Bombing would only result in insurgent propaganda. We do not currently have bombers stationed, in any case."
The Legionite Field Marshal added "Civillian casualties should be avoided at all costs, Vulkaria is a volatile area and we should avoid aggravating the population. Recon should be possible and easy to arrange".
Commander Strassburg nodded. "Agreed."
Letālia Sat back, looking at the two men and smiling. "Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where soldiers from nations as different as Eiria and Sheull are fighting Side by Side. It's a good sign of the future".
The Commander reaches into his flask and takes a swig from it. "Perhaps it is. Shard save us all."
The Field Marshal Shrugged. "Oh well, maybe the future is bright. I don't really like the way the world is moving forward today but that's another story." He lit up a cigar and continued, "I believe that the Legionite paratroopers will move after establishing a comms line with the others, and move south, while one paratrooper division will secure Sangra".
Strassburg nodded. "Understood. We can deal with their entrenchments until you arrive."
"Great, we'll be able to deal a decisive blow by hitting them from the rear".
The Lieutenant General spoke up. "Are You confident that your troops will be able to draw insurgent attention for the Legionites to Arrive, Commander?". She asked Strassburg.
"I am. What are they going to do, ignore us? If we aren't able to - the arrival of your soldiers should."
She nodded. "Fair Point. Well, gentlemen, I thank you again for your cooperation".
The Field Marshal Nodded. "Of course, hopefully this operation will be a stepping stone to finding Val'a Kamoni dead or alive. Would anyone like a drink?".
She Smiled. "I'd love one. Actually, If you'd like, I could run quick and get my stuff. I have a bottle of quality Spēce in my bags. Warning, it is strong. Should I grab it?".
"Yes, go for it, we could do a toast".
"Okay". She left for a minute, then came back, pouring Three glasses of a orange-red alcohol. "Would either of you like to toast?".
The Sheullian Commander Nodded. "I never say no to a toast."
The Field Marshal raised his glass. "Everyone loves a toast. I'd like to propose a toast to Freedom! and the Downfall of the M. L. F!".
"Down with the M.L.F!". The Eirian General drank, looking at her glass when she stopped. "I love this brand. They do very well balancing flavor and kick".
The Field Marshal looked into his glass, nodding in approval. "Where did you get this? This Spēce is really good, really gives you a kick and goes down well".
"Interesting drink. We don't have anything similar back home." Strassburg added.
"Whenever I come to Eiria, I'll need to find me some Spēce!" Mason-Pearce exclaimed.
"Thanks. One of the few things everyone can agree Eiria does right. Music, books, and Alcohol. Sounds like a Friday night back home, honestly".
"You can never go wrong with books, some good tunes and some great alcohol."
Letālia grinned. "I wholeheartedly agree".
"Damn, it's looks a bit late and I need to get some sleep. It was great meeting you guys and I hope we can do some good work together". The Field Marshal said, standing
Letālia and Strassburg stood as well. "Goodnight, Gentlemen". The Eirian said, nodding, and leaving, empty glass and remainder of the Spēce with her.
"Welcome, everyone. I am Field Marshall Oliver Mason-Pearce, the commander of the Legionite ground forces in this operation "
Lieutenat General Letālia Nodded at the Legionite Field Marshal. "Thank you. It is an honor to work with both of you, but I wish the circumstances weren't so grim. I am in charge of leading the 18,000 Eirian Troops stationed here".
"Indeed, have a seat".
The Sheullian leader spoke. "The honor's mine. I am Major General Koloman Strassburg, commander of the penal units assigned to Vulkaria."
"Ah, yes. Welcome Mr Strassburg. As Lt. General Letālia has said, it's unfortunate that we find ourselves here. Of course these terrorists must pay and, although lives will be lost, we must exact our revenge. I've had my aides print out detailed maps of the area and I've had a whiteboard brought in incase of anything. Please, have a seat Mr Strassburg. Now who'd like to start?".
The Lt. General Picked up a few of the maps, scanning them, nodding. "There is a lot of detail to these maps, I agree. One of our first concerns should be the Main Roads. They are critical, but they are most likely chalked full of IEDs. Do you gentlemen think we should avoid the main roads on the way to Masenma, or clear them out?".
The older man takes a seat, turning to look at the maps. "If I remember correctly, Zamastanian helicopters would be able to take us closer to Masenma, allowing us to bypass most of them. We have some EOD teams ready, if need be."
"Yes, of course although we may be unable to use our 'heavier machinery' effectively. Is there a possibility of traversing the land beside the roads?" the Field Marshall asked, while adjusting his spectacles
Letālià sat up in her chair. "Well, I agree with Commander Strassburg. Even though we won't have heavy machinery, it would save a lot of troops we can put against Masenma. After all, we need all we can get".
"Speed will also be an asset and the helicopters will be able to move the troops quickly. It's paramount that we don't lose any troops or equipment during the transportation, as the crash of a helicopter could lead to an ambush during the confusion." The Field Marshal added.
"Has intel revealed any anti-aircraft weaponry in the city?". Commander Strassburg inquired.
"If I am not mistaken, Zamastanian Intelligence did not find Anti-Air, although they do have Anti-Tank and mortars". She Glanced at the maps again. "If we can get more recon with Aircraft, that would be excellent. Not sure of bombing, though. It is an urban area with civilians present, after all". Letālia stated.
"Bombing would only result in insurgent propaganda. We do not currently have bombers stationed, in any case."
The Legionite Field Marshal added "Civillian casualties should be avoided at all costs, Vulkaria is a volatile area and we should avoid aggravating the population. Recon should be possible and easy to arrange".
Commander Strassburg nodded. "Agreed."
Letālia Sat back, looking at the two men and smiling. "Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where soldiers from nations as different as Eiria and Sheull are fighting Side by Side. It's a good sign of the future".
The Commander reaches into his flask and takes a swig from it. "Perhaps it is. Shard save us all."
The Field Marshal Shrugged. "Oh well, maybe the future is bright. I don't really like the way the world is moving forward today but that's another story." He lit up a cigar and continued, "I believe that the Legionite paratroopers will move after establishing a comms line with the others, and move south, while one paratrooper division will secure Sangra".
Strassburg nodded. "Understood. We can deal with their entrenchments until you arrive."
"Great, we'll be able to deal a decisive blow by hitting them from the rear".
The Lieutenant General spoke up. "Are You confident that your troops will be able to draw insurgent attention for the Legionites to Arrive, Commander?". She asked Strassburg.
"I am. What are they going to do, ignore us? If we aren't able to - the arrival of your soldiers should."
She nodded. "Fair Point. Well, gentlemen, I thank you again for your cooperation".
The Field Marshal Nodded. "Of course, hopefully this operation will be a stepping stone to finding Val'a Kamoni dead or alive. Would anyone like a drink?".
She Smiled. "I'd love one. Actually, If you'd like, I could run quick and get my stuff. I have a bottle of quality Spēce in my bags. Warning, it is strong. Should I grab it?".
"Yes, go for it, we could do a toast".
"Okay". She left for a minute, then came back, pouring Three glasses of a orange-red alcohol. "Would either of you like to toast?".
The Sheullian Commander Nodded. "I never say no to a toast."
The Field Marshal raised his glass. "Everyone loves a toast. I'd like to propose a toast to Freedom! and the Downfall of the M. L. F!".
"Down with the M.L.F!". The Eirian General drank, looking at her glass when she stopped. "I love this brand. They do very well balancing flavor and kick".
The Field Marshal looked into his glass, nodding in approval. "Where did you get this? This Spēce is really good, really gives you a kick and goes down well".
"Interesting drink. We don't have anything similar back home." Strassburg added.
"Whenever I come to Eiria, I'll need to find me some Spēce!" Mason-Pearce exclaimed.
"Thanks. One of the few things everyone can agree Eiria does right. Music, books, and Alcohol. Sounds like a Friday night back home, honestly".
"You can never go wrong with books, some good tunes and some great alcohol."
Letālia grinned. "I wholeheartedly agree".
"Damn, it's looks a bit late and I need to get some sleep. It was great meeting you guys and I hope we can do some good work together". The Field Marshal said, standing
Letālia and Strassburg stood as well. "Goodnight, Gentlemen". The Eirian said, nodding, and leaving, empty glass and remainder of the Spēce with her.
<t></t>

