Have I Got Coups For You (COMPLETE)

State-owned Lauchenoirian News Service Broadcast

"... but for now, enemy forces continue to terrorise Lauchenoirian citizens in Ulinaria province. In other news, the body of former Foreign Secretary Rowan Martin, who has been missing since mid-June, was found in the Fleurian Forest. So-called "˜Resistance' terrorists are suspected to have been behind his death."

Chaher Residence, Outskirts of Buttercity

Yousef Chaher stuck a piece of electrical tape over the camera on his laptop, and logged onto his university email account. After several hours, he finally sent the message he was so nervous about writing.

From: ChaherY23@carville.edu.lau
To: JonesW115@carville.edu.lau
Subject: If you do this, I'll wash your dishes for a year

Hey Will,

Sorry I haven't been in touch. Things have been rather hectic here. I hope you're well and when they finally get around to exams after all the delays due to, well, foreign invasions, you get top marks.

So, as a biochemistry student, I'm hoping you can help me out with something. I have a blood sample from someone who supposedly died due to surgery complications. I need you to check if that's true "“ that the person in question wasn't poisoned or something. If you're willing to do it, I'll find some way to send you the sample.

Best,

Yousef

Kerlian Temporary Headquarters

Colonel Chloe Conde shut the door to her office as someone screamed and yelled something in Spanish in their secondary interrogation venue. She clasped her hands together and turned to face the other senior officers.

"Sonja Viratnen has been allowed to play her little democratic games for far too long. The Coalition appear to be headed south, and we can let the Gonhogians deal with them. But I have been contacted by the Council..." Conde paused as a murmur of awe and alarm passed through the room, "...and they want Viratnen in Kerlile as soon as possible."

"Forgive me, but I wouldn't trust those apes..."

"Gonhogians, Corbett. We do not refer to our allies as animals."

"Gonhogians, apologies. I wouldn't trust them with keeping the Coalition in check," Corbett finished.

"This is not about the Gonhogians. This is about Kerlile. Viratnen must be returned home. The Resistance has advanced out of the city, but with our reinforcements it will be quick work to push them back. Once we have Usera, believe me, this country will fall."

Yerville

"Can't be done," the man shrugged.

"Ji-Hun promised me you could find safe passage for me to Usera," said Jae.

"Ji-Hun promises a lot of things to a lot of people. I tell you, the Kerlians have cut off our access to the city entirely. Two days earlier, yes, today, no. You want to join the Resistance, go to Elopolis."

"I have a very important message for Sonja Alvarez. It could..."

"End the war, yeah, yeah. Your brother told me. You want to give your message to someone high up? Word on the grapevine is Laura Moore is in Elopolis."

"Laura Moore's dead. Vanished after Walker shot Chaher, along with her kids. Regime threw them all off a cliff, last I heard."

"Not what I hear. You shouldn't be listening to their propaganda. Either way, you're not getting to Usera. Go to Elopolis or give up. Only options left."

Jae Chung raised her finger in a rude gesture at her brother's associate and stormed back off down the way she came. If Moore was alive and in Elopolis, then Jae could finally finish her mission and give the USB to someone who might know what to do with it. If not... then she'd simply have to find a way to Usera.

LIDUN President 2024 | she/her | Puppets: Kerlile, Glanainn, Yesteria, Zongongia, Zargothrax
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)