Internet Net Neutrality
#4

JageraApr 15 2010, 11:50 PM EDIT: And while I didn't read all of the posts in Jolt, I see Bears at least hinting at another interesting idea: that ISPs could have a valid commercial reason for providing different levels of access to different users and for different uses. [/quote]
The example that Tzorland suggested was "urgent" medical data being given a higher priority for transmission than people's film downloads.

One might also consider the possibility that in some nations the only ISP might, rather than being a commercial enterprise, be a network of universities or a government department or whatever that runs the local net primarily for its own purposes but then also allows ordinary people to use any spare capacity that it might happen to contain...


Considering the poll results, I decided to abstain from voting on this measure... but it passed, anyway.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)