Thread Closed

New Map Discussion

This certainly is progress. I suggest you look at previous posts on this forum as well as the regional map spreadsheet in order to place other nations (such as myself).

LaeralSep 10 2017, 06:59:03 PMThis certainly is progress. I suggest you look at previous posts on this forum as well as the regional map spreadsheet in order to place other nations (such as myself).[/quote]Oh I'm not the cartographer - I just needed to put myself in the map for my IC/RP canon.

SanctariaSep 10 2017, 06:34:14 PMSo people are aware, this is the most recent iteration of the map

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4420/3681...30f4_o.png

Toelz is Sciongrad, however.[/quote]I dont see much change except for two or so countries

<t>In Varietate Concordia</t>

That's because I am not the cartographer, I just the most recent update of the map thus far so people know what they're choosing from.

Even though [nation]Defaultdom[/nation] isn't really a place, I'd like to claim a bit of territory in its name to house some of the endemic Iduvian wildlife that's on my lists: This would be either the site formerly occupied by the nation of Disjunction or the eastern half of that site and an addition of about the same size as that half situated to its east & north-east... It would basically house a surviving section of the 'Old Iduvian' tropical fauna & flora, similar but not identical to the 'pre-Amazonian' wildlife in southern & central Malabra.

Would it be possible for the Verwood Island Archipelago to claim a spot somewhere between the Ayyubids and Argimai Oceans please?

This would work really well for the Archipelago's history as a trading centre for the IDU and beyond.

I'm not too precious about how we look on the map but as a guide the Archipelago consists of 19 islands - Verwood (the largest is about the size of New Zealand's North Island whilst the remaining 18 vary in size with the average being one of the British Channel Islands.

I have appointed [nation]Sanctaria[/nation] as the new Regional Cartographer.

Noted

<t>In Varietate Concordia</t>

Based on the last map posted, I assume there's still land between Datagenesis and Sober Thought?

That land would actually fit my country's background as a barren and hospitable landscape (so I guess very little rivers), with most of the hospitable land near the sea, and near some of the rivers that are actually in the country.

please tell me im not being an idiot right now.

RainfirOct 8 2017, 05:15:31 PMBased on the last map posted, I assume there's still land between Datagenesis and Sober Thought?

That land would actually fit my country's background as a barren and hospitable landscape (so I guess very little rivers), with most of the hospitable land near the sea, and near some of the rivers that are actually in the country.

please tell me im not being an idiot right now.[/quote]You're not being an idiot right now.
As far as I'm aware, there is indeed quite a bit of land available in that area.

:Bear:

Ah, good to know : )

Definitely interested in that area for my nation.

I'm interested in a place on the map, somewhere with a sizeable coast and room for two islands.

LIDUN President 2024 | she/her | Puppets: Kerlile, Glanainn, Yesteria, Zongongia, Zargothrax

LauchenoiriaOct 15 2017, 03:23:22 PMI'm interested in a place on the map, somewhere with a sizeable coast and room for two islands.[/quote]Warm, cool, cold?

Bears-

Looking at the map, I'd say your suggestions for the location of Laeral and High Fells all seem in order. The climate and population to size ratio all seem correct.

Comhar requests a medium-sized spot on the Southeast or Northeast coast.

ComharNov 7 2017, 03:15:00 AMComhar requests a medium-sized spot on the Southeast or Northeast coast. [/quote]Northeast is mostly assigned now. Southeast, as in around or south from the former nation of Enn, should basically be fine as far as I know although you might have to negotiate with The Silver Cities about your northern (& their southern) border.

Following the telegram sent to me by Bears Armed last month, I'd like if possible to have Lauchenoiria situated where the Texian Empire was, but I'd like to add two small islands if possible?

LIDUN President 2024 | she/her | Puppets: Kerlile, Glanainn, Yesteria, Zongongia, Zargothrax

LauchenoiriaDec 15 2017, 02:48:22 PMFollowing the telegram sent to me by Bears Armed last month, I'd like if possible to have Lauchenoiria situated where the Texian Empire was, but I'd like to add two small islands if possible?[/quote]Adding a few more islands has "always" been fine: Some of the ones on the current map were added in response to specific players' requests anyway, and back when Dommonia was our Cartographer he approved a whole load of bits that I added to [nation]The Ursine Northlands[/nation] but that -- unfortunately -- he didn't get around to placing on the 'official' map. Just compare the version of T-U-N on this map to the ones saved on Imgur...

Bears ArmedDec 15 2017, 02:59:56 PMLauchenoiriaDec 15 2017, 02:48:22 PMFollowing the telegram sent to me by Bears Armed last month, I'd like if possible to have Lauchenoiria situated where the Texian Empire was, but I'd like to add two small islands if possible?[/quote]Adding a few more islands has "always" been fine: Some of the ones on the current map were added in response to specific players' requests anyway, and back when Dommonia was our Cartographer he approved a whole load of bits that I added to [nation]The Ursine Northlands[/nation] but that -- unfortunately -- he didn't get around to placing on the 'official' map. Just compare the version of T-U-N on this map to the version whose maps I've saved on Imgur...

:Bear: [/quote]

So I have the map, and I managed to finagle the source files from it, but honestly, it's a lot more complicated than people are making out to be here.

Adding things and taking away things is not as easy as you think because of the way things are layered - particularly on a vector based map.

I'm going to go through the requests and apply the requests as best I can to the map, but given the limits placed on me by the way the map has been set up, there's only so much I will be able to do.

Edit: By the way, Bears, since I'm the Cartographer, I'd appreciate it if you left it to me to decide if something is feasible, or if something can be situated a certain place in the map.
Thread Closed