IDU Regional Forum

Full Version: IDUSA Membership Administration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: FORUMLOGO201415_zps287efe6c.png]

Hi there!

This thread is the Office of Membership Administration for the International Democratic Union States' Assembly. All members of the IDU are welcome to apply for IDUSA membership in this thread.

What is the IDUSA?

The IDUSA is the formal legislative arm of the IDU government. It is responsible for passing legislation that affects the region, electing the delegate, and approving of the delegate's government. The IDU places a premium on democratic engagement and encourages all IDU members to participate.

The Speaker of the IDUSA is responsible for presiding over all sessions of the IDUSA. The speaker is responsible for placing items at vote and for admitting candidates into the IDUSA. The speaker shall be responsible for maintaining the list of IDUSA members.

A Member of the IDUSA is responsible for voting on legislation, electing the delegate, and can veto any member of the delegate's government with a majority vote. The delegate also serves at the confidence of the IDUSA and members may choose to declare no confidence in the delegate with a majority vote, in which case a new election will be held immediately. All members of the IDU are not only permitted but are encouraged to participate in the IDUSA.

Current Membership Rolls (Updated 12 Aug 2021)

Bears Armed
Christos
Comhar
Eiria
Gardavasque
Gnejs
Grosseschnauzer
Laeral
Latidonia
Lauchenoiria
New Lusitania
Sanctaria
Shuell
Slokais Islands - Speaker
Sycona
Trive 38
United New England
Xiomera

CTEd Members

Abacathea
Agury
Anglia-Saxia
Cagontia
Conternia
DeBeeland
Democratic Fauxia
Ertaland
Eshre
Gonhog
Judealand
Kambucha
Kvask
Koloda
Legionas
Malabra
Naboompu
Osirisa
Phria
SchutteGod
Sciongrad
Sensumia
Skoden
Solmarne
Swesterland
The Free Stuff
Thyerata
Verwood Island Archipegalo
Vexam

Strikethrough indicates nation has CTEd
How do we apply?
Cagontia Wrote:How do we apply?
Simply state your intention to participate and you will be added to the roster of active members. Once the IDUSA is functioning, it can expand upon the admissions process in a way that is consistent with the regional charter.
Bears Armed states intention to participate.

:b2:
Cagontia intends to participate.
On behalf of the electorate Prime Minister Nick Tylenor states the intention that Nova Sodor would like to participate.
SchutteGod will participate. Boricuastan will be a nonvoting observer (but of course the charter doesn't allow for that so just assume the Boricuastanis will be spying on IDUSA sessions).
Gnejs intends to participate.
Trive 38 (Trivy) intends to participate.
Judealand intends to participate.
You've all been added to the roster. Sciongrad also intends to participate, but I will abstain from voting while I am delegate. While I'm sure more players intend on joining, the IDUSA meets its constitutionally prescribed quorum. I will create a thread to elect a speaker, and from that point on, the speaker will be responsible for managing the IDUSA. After the speaker is elected, they will also manage the roster and can get the ball rolling on electoral legislation so we can get this delegate election underway.
Kambucha states the intention of participating.
Kambucha Wrote:Kambucha states the intention of participating.
You have been added to the roster.
Laeral states its intent to participate.
Slokais islands wishes to join the IDUSA, preferably in time to vote in the 2017 speaker election.
Comhar would also like to join the IDUSA.
Novum Lux intends to participate.
The Free Stuff can also be considered to have joined, given that it was just elected Speaker. If Comhar and Novum Lux are considered to have joined, that means that the IDUSA has 12 members.
Also, having just checked, Judealand appears to have ceased to exist.
I would like to kindly withdraw my participation. Thank you.

Peace be with you.
All applicants approved.
Thyerata would be interested in joining
Approved.
Vexam would like to participate, and become a bigger part of the IDU.
Approved
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5